Thursday, November 5, 2009

Drawing the Human Figure From the Inside Out

The goals for today's drop everything and draw were to draw humans from the waist and down and up. There was a lot of scribbling used in this activity and everything connected together in a certain way. Another goal for today was to not listen to what your brain was telling you to do. For example, if someone was lying down that didn't necessarily mean that you had to turn your paper around unless that's what you actually saw. I think I achieved my goals pretty well but I have to work on not listening to what my brain was telling me to do. I was drawing Alex who was lying down and I flipped my paper around because I was at side view and that's what I saw. When drawing both Sophia and Taylor I could only see the back of their heads. This was harder for me because I didn't fully know how to create the arm without putting the arm legitimately in the middle of the back.

1 comment:

  1. ahhh, but just the fact that you're thinking this way after drawing and asking these questions is such a big step. it takes lots of practice to draw from observation and you are making great strides each week!

    ReplyDelete