Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I See the Light Drawing


Crashing Cars

My drawing was meant to show two cars crashing into each other. This was meant to symbolize that life is short and the shot of light can make everyone stop thinking and "freak out." My goal in using light and dark was to really emphasize the absolutes of each. The bright white was to show the car lights overlapping as the cars are getting closer to each other. The black is to show the creepy side of the picture and that the scene is taking place late at night. I thought of this idea when I thought of two cars. I right away knew that the absolute opposite colors (darkest black and whitest white) would give this drawing a better meaning. When it came to the windows I had to erase a lot to get a light gray so that it would be lighter than the car but not white. This was a challenge for me and the H pencil was helpful when it came to fulfilling the correct shades. I found it really hard to use the 6B pencil because it was hard to create clean strokes making the background smoothly black.

No comments:

Post a Comment