Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Self Portrait as a Chipmunk

I chose to create a chipmunk because they are fast, little, energetic, and smart. These all are qualities that describe me as well. I placed the chipmunk in a train station. I did this because train stations are very busy, loud, fast, and exciting. You would never find a chipmunk in a train station, better yet train stations are busy and filled with extreme amounts of people. For the most part chipmunks are the opposites of each other. I have worked with clay a lot in the past. I learned how to take out the extra clay not necessary and create textures. I made the fur on my chipmunk and its tail scruffed up so that it looks like the fur of an actual chipmunk. I learned that the little details strongly help with the final product. Creating little people in the background and a train track and puffy cheeks really helped show what I was trying to emphasize.

No comments:

Post a Comment